
Hello, I was going to start by saying Where I live but it's not where I live, because I'm living here now, well, so, where I am from, we've got a rooted tradition on November 25th. The name of the celebration is Les Catalinetes or Caterinetes, (Katherine in English) and what we do on that day is first and foremost, not going to school (!!!) BUT! we have long walks around our comarca with our teachers and classmates. I am from Xàtiva and we used to have walks around La Granja de la Costera, Llanera, Torrella, La penyeta Sant Didac, La Cova Negra... It's so beautiful around there... We have an afternoon snack as everyday but in the country, and we also have one special bread (that they only make that day), which consists of a seeds loaf of bread, a little bit spicy in some way (sooo tasty!)... and we used to sing this song:
“Les catalinetes juguen a boletes
i els catalinots juguen a bolots.
Tu, catalineta,
tu, que vas i véns,
dis-li a ta mare
que vinga correguents”.
(Some would add)
“Que els pardals són grossos,
se n’ixen del niu
i a la matinada faran xiu-xiu”.
(or also this)
“Les catalinetes roden pel molí,
Una coca bamba i un barral de vi”.
“Les catalinetes mengen culleretes
i els catalinots mengen cullerots”.
(In Canals, as they are so religious, they have some other lyrics... Canals is only 9 km away, so they are always at odds)
“Les catalinetes roden pel sagrari,
agenolladetes, resant el rosari.”
(00:00:46 The song starts)
He's so "de la terra": És una cançó dels xiquets -dels nois-. Xe què bo! They would say :)
No comments:
Post a Comment