Thursday, 12 people in class! It was time to revise what they had done last day and... as the worksheet wasn't at all clear, I redid that and gave it to them. First of all, they sat in pairs in front of a computer and they had 10/15 minutes to complete the worksheets, everything! The presentation was now saved in the computer and they could browse it whenever they wanted in order to remember any word.
In the second part of the class, when they had already finished, we played a bingo. I gave them a page with five different sports which were totally different from these of their partners. They were divided into five groups consisting of two or three members. One volunteer in the class had to stand up and take a little paper. He had to speak clearly and loud and say the word written. This word was a sport. As there are more sports than 25, I took the most important and used, including sailing, fencing, ice skating, boxing, the pole vault, etc.
When they had heard a sport that they had in their pages, they had to say One! (if it was their first sport), Two! (if it was the second time they heard one sport they had on theiur page) Three! and so one, until Bingo! (they had to say that when all their sports had already been said).
I think they liked it. I saw them enjoy. I enjoyed too. I tried the volunteer to be someone that didn't really have confidence in themselves, so as to make them speak aloud and make them see they were totally able to do the activity. With my tutor, we discussed before who should be calling out the vocabulary and we agreed.
The worksheet had a clue -at the bottom of the picture there was one letter or two of the sport given and they had to complete that because I found it very interesting to check their spelling.
I did the same in the next group. It was the afternoon, after having had lunch, so they were a little bit sleepy but, once we started played Bingo they awoke I think. Anyway, I think the first group found it easier on concentrating and participated more I would say.
They were very grateful and smiled when we said bye bye until next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment